After an accident, the last thing on your mind is trying to figure out your insurance coverage. Rightfully, you want to focus on getting your body recovered and back on your feet to get back to living your life as soon as possible. But the reality is, to get stellar results from a chiropractic practice like ours here at Wall Family Chiropractic Center, you also need to understand your rights to coverage after an accident. This blog post aims to shed light on Washington State’s PIP laws, helping residents better understand their rights and obligations in the event of an accident. With this knowledge, we hope to enable all those who are looking to receive coverage for their chiropractic care.
What is PIP insurance?
What’s better than receiving chiropractic care? Not having to pay for receiving treatment that is covered by your insurance. But to make sure you’re taking advantage of it and its coverage, it’s first important to understand what exactly it is. Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance is a crucial component of Washington State’s auto insurance system. PIP insurance is a form of no-fault coverage that provides benefits for medical expenses, lost wages, funeral costs, and other related expenses resulting from a car accident, regardless of who was at fault.
Unlike traditional liability insurance, PIP insurance focuses on providing timely and comprehensive coverage for the insured and their passengers. It is mandatory in Washington State, to ensure that individuals have access to immediate medical care and financial support following an accident, regardless of the circumstances. With this coverage, you’re able to receive services such as chiropractic care from our team here at Wall Family Chiropractic Center.
Making a claim for coverage
Now that you hopefully have a better understanding of what exactly PIP insurance is, before visiting our office for chiropractic care, it’s important to know how and when to submit a claim for coverage. Filing a PIP claim in Washington State involves several important steps to ensure a smooth process. Here’s a concise step-by-step guide:
- Report the accident: Immediately report the accident to your insurance company and provide them with all necessary details, including the date, time, location, and the parties involved.
- Seek medical attention: Seek medical treatment for your injuries as soon as possible. Keep records of all medical expenses, diagnoses, and treatments.
- Gather documentation: Collect all relevant documents, such as medical bills, receipts, wage statements, and any other supporting evidence of expenses and losses incurred due to the accident.
- Complete the PIP claim form: Obtain the PIP claim form from your insurance company and complete it accurately. Include detailed information about the accident, injuries, and expenses you claim.
- Submit the claim: Submit the completed PIP claim form and supporting documents to your insurance company within the required timeframe. Keep copies of everything for your records.
- Cooperate with the insurance company: Cooperate fully with your insurance company’s requests for information or documentation. Respond promptly to any inquiries or follow-up requests.
- Review the claim decision: Once your insurance company reviews your claim, they will provide a decision. If your claim is approved, they will initiate the payment process. If denied or disputed, review the decision carefully and consider seeking legal advice if necessary.
Remember, each insurance company may have specific procedures or requirements, so it’s essential to review your policy and contact your insurance provider for detailed instructions on filing a PIP claim in Washington State.
Now, book the appointment!
Whew. Take a deep breath. Did you catch all that? Well if you still have some questions on how to receive coverage for your accident before you schedule an appointment with our team here at Wall Family Chiropractic Center, several of our local trusted personal injury attorneys will happily answer any questions you may have.
Now that you know how to receive coverage for treatment caused by a car accident, it’s time for you to schedule an appointment with our team here at Wall Family Chiropractic Center to get you back on your feet! We take pride in knowing that all of our patients are receiving the treatment that they deserve and need. Call our office to come by today!